Τρίτη 21 Ιουλίου 2009

translation attempt on Kostas Evangelou Rokos' (Constantinos Papapetrou) poetry

My word
I feel not pain with adjectives,
pain I feel with nouns and verbs.
The dogs
"The dogs may bark
at an unknown chap."
(Heraclitus the poet, fragm. 97)
Bus, 2
In a bus,
rolling down the cliff brakes-free,
two passengers were making fuss
over the best seat.
The way of salvation
A. Devil's advice
"Become a beast, to be saved.
The spirit offers no salvation."
B. The Creator's voice
"You beast! Become spirit."
"Situation vacant"
I read in the paper
there was a post for a verse writer.
I told them I was a poet
and they kicked me out.
The switch
I acquired a new switch,
I turn it on and off,
and, my, I discovered
there is a meaning in my life.
Realism
Once the boat has set sail,
do not throw yourself into the water.
There is no chance
you may catch it by swimming.
Love's story
Four daughters had a father
and he wondered which he did love most.
One fell critically ill
and he felt she was his only love.
Another fell ill too,
and as an only child he adored her.
The same happened with the other two.
Then did the poor man sense
his dearest love had always been
the one he feared he would perish.
Theatre
They are acting.
The little one acts as great
and the great one as little.
And as for the people,
they think of the great as little
and of the little as great.
The coffee maker
He had saved the coffee maker's life.
He dropped in a long after
to have a coffee and say hello,
when the coffee maker said:
"We're sorry sir, it's late. It's closing time now."
Carols
Having the doorbell been out of order
and me unable to discern the knock,
a child, eager to sing the carols,
broke the glass of the front door.
The pioneer
He had never been timely.
He was always ahead of the others.
My right
It was on the zebra crossing
that I was knocked down by a car.
And it was after my death
my father was told
I, for sure, had to be given way.
A vision of justice
I saw my assassin over my grave
weeping and asking for forgiveness
And I pardoned him not,
for it was too late:
I was a long time dead.
P.S. We had been told at school
that God forgives his crucifiers
not however the crucifiers of men.

3 σχόλια:

  1. Καλωσόρισες στη μπλογκόσφαιρα. Καλά ταξίδια.

    Η ποιότητα της ποίησης ας είναι οδηγός σε όλους μας.

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  2. Καλή επιτυχία στο blog. θα το παρακολουθώ τακτικά. Όσο για τον δάσκαλό μας αιωνία του η μνήμη, μας έδωσε τόσα πολλά στα φοιτητικά μας χρόνια.

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  3. Ι really like it ωhen peοplе comе tоgеther anԁ ѕhare iԁeaѕ.
    Grеat website, keep it up!
    Here is my weblog : iphonefix kl

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή